CARTisan CHUMPS strangely silent: Why?
CART Bankruptcy Watch
2003-12-03 21:09:06 UTC
Notice how all the CARTisan CHUMPS and lemmings are suddenly strangely
silent?

Where are Juan? And Philip? And Sterling? And Sweeney? And Lorenzini?
And Hiett? And Ashford? And Robinson? And Little Rikky? Etc.?

Why would they be so quiet and withdrawn regarding the latest news
from CART and OWRS?

How come they aren't here NOW spouting their drum-bangin' rhetoric
about how these new announcements are somehow or another a "good"
thing for CART?

Are they truly in shock, as tjmc has often suggested?

Are they embarassed? Defeated? Suicidal?

Did they ever really believe that this was NOT going to happen, and
are only now realizing how idiotic they looked championing such a
futile and lost cause such as CART under the direction of Chris "I
Never Saw a Dollar I Couldn't Spend" Pook?

Come on now, CHUMPS - Give us some of that wonderful SPIN and FANTASY
you guys are so good at dreaming up, like how Penske and Ganassi,
along with Marlboro and Toyota and Honda was all a "good" thing and
how now that CART is going (as repeatedly correctly predicted)
bankrupt is another one of those "good" things for CART!

Maybe their next bout will be to say something like CART needed to
flush itself of all that "evil, deadwood cash" in order to become
great and wonderful again, eh?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hilarious!
Smokey
Hilarious!
Iain Miller
2003-12-03 23:39:33 UTC
Post by Smokey
Oh, they are all here, at least Tom, Iain and Sterling are out there still
aiming high, along with Doug and a few others. Very admirable I must say.
"Aiming high" at what? Not a clue what yer on about - please do tell!
I.
Smokey
2003-12-04 13:43:01 UTC
If I have to explain, I doubt you would understand, however, I was pointing
out that your hopes are high that cart will continue.
Aim High......you know, in life, or in your dreams,
goals......................whatever you desire.

You ok with that Iain?

Have a nice day
Smokey
I.
Iain Miller
2003-12-04 16:51:28 UTC
Post by Smokey
If I have to explain, I doubt you would understand, however, I was pointing
out that your hopes are high that cart will continue.
Aim High......you know, in life, or in your dreams,
goals......................whatever you desire.
You ok with that Iain?
Fine with it....of course it would be better if CART style racing (in terms
of the variety it offered) continued - however, there is no getting away
from the fact that (as I have said inumerable times!) CART is in the crapper
& its hard to see how it will survive. OTOH this just may be the latest set
of moves in the game. P'raps Messrs OWRS have now determined that they can
basically get their hands on the thing for free by letting CART go to the
wall and picking up the pieces in the fire sale (and screw the
shareholders) - not mine to judge whether that's right or wrong - it just
may be what is happening. As always we mere mortals will have to see what
happens - we'll be the last to know as always!

OWRS might also be in discussions with TG (as someone else has
speculated)....but given that he is unlikely to relinquish any form of
shareholding or control in the IRL I can't see what deal there is for OWRS
to do with him. The CART teams will make their own decisions based on
whether they a) want to race in the IRL & if they do then b) whether they
can attract sufficient sponsorship to do so. Alternatively there might be a
brand new OWRS series that emerges from the remains of CART that provides
opportunities for those that want to go road racing and provided they can
fund themselves to do it.

It'd be an interesting time to be a fly on the wall in a whole host of
places right now.
Post by Smokey
Have a nice day
I am ;-) thanks for asking!

I.

PS...Top posting is dull!
Tom Hiett
2003-12-04 17:04:32 UTC
Post by Iain Miller
Fine with it....of course it would be better if CART style racing (in terms
of the variety it offered) continued - however, there is no getting away
from the fact that (as I have said inumerable times!) CART is in the crapper
& its hard to see how it will survive. OTOH this just may be the latest set
of moves in the game. P'raps Messrs OWRS have now determined that they can
basically get their hands on the thing for free by letting CART go to the
wall and picking up the pieces in the fire sale (and screw the
shareholders) - not mine to judge whether that's right or wrong -
Its interesting that one the buyers owns about a fourth of that stock.
Post by Iain Miller
OWRS might also be in discussions with TG (as someone else has
speculated)....but given that he is unlikely to relinquish any form of
shareholding or control in the IRL I can't see what deal there is for OWRS
to do with him.
Could be another wild, unfounded rumor, like no CART in 2003.
Post by Iain Miller
The CART teams will make their own decisions based on
whether they a) want to race in the IRL & if they do then b) whether they
can attract sufficient sponsorship to do so. Alternatively there might be a
brand new OWRS series that emerges from the remains of CART that provides
opportunities for those that want to go road racing and provided they can
fund themselves to do it.
Sooner or later, its likely another open wheel road racing series will
spring up. The tracks need something bigger than ALMS.

Tom
tjmc
2003-12-04 23:33:11 UTC
Post by Iain Miller
P'raps Messrs OWRS have now determined that they can
basically get their hands on the thing for free by letting CART go to the
wall and picking up the pieces in the fire sale...
Duh?

Iain, you're clearly not the most absorbent sponge in the sink.
Iain Miller
Better not to be - you get to float on top of all the crap.....
SterlingLA
2003-12-03 23:17:04 UTC
You must be a slow reader, because most of us are still here posting.

My question to you would be, "Where's all the IRL
posts?" Speculation about whose driving for whom in 2004? How's all that IRL
testing coming along?

As usual though, it'a all about CART isn't it?

All the best,

Sterling

SterlingLA (Sterling Smith)
PhilipT631
2003-12-03 23:31:37 UTC
We are here all laughing at your posts...when the dust settles and CART runs
next year with the announcments due shortly we will watch you eat your words
and we all can't wait for your spin....one thing will never change on with your
King George and that he will continue to leave a laundry list of carnage from
Homestead to Fontana trying to be like Bill France while he continues to snort
the family money up his nose as his pisses the rest away on the Injury Racing
League
CART Bankruptcy Watch
2003-12-04 00:46:38 UTC
Post by PhilipT631
We are here all laughing at your posts...when the dust settles and CART runs
next year with the announcments due shortly we will watch you eat your words
and we all can't wait for your spin....one thing will never change on with your
King George and that he will continue to leave a laundry list of carnage from
Homestead to Fontana trying to be like Bill France while he continues to snort
the family money up his nose as his pisses the rest away on the Injury Racing
League
Come on now, Philip! Is that really the VERY best you can do?

Tug out your tired and frayed injury horse and beat it senseless some
more?

You know you can do better than that!

Tell us how getting all of that *evil shareholder deadwood cash* out
of CART is going to be really, REALLY "good" for the series and how
teams and drivers are going to be lining right up, along with sponsor
after sponsor, to run in the 2004 "CART" series!

Give us some of that good old, classic PhilipT631 of CART-anus pumping
you do so well and how Chris "I Never Met a Shareholder Dollar I
Couldn't Funnel to a Team Owner" Pook is going to still save the day
and simply crush the IRL under his Gucci loafer.

Pull out one of your tried and true *MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND
MILLIONS* in attendance and *BILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND BILLIONS* of TV
viewers of CART will roll right over the IRL and put buckets of cash
into the CART coffers!

Or you might even drag out your erroneous fantasies about Bernie
Eccelstone again, dust them off, and start telling us he is going to
ride in any day now on a White Horse and prop CART up with BILLIONS of
British Pounds, eh?

But in reality it is easy to see you are shell-shocked, dismayed,
defeated, disillusioned, and downtrodden over this entire buy-out
withdrawal and bankruptcy mess CART has gotten itself into.

Hell, your worst fear is that you have to face that a dullard
ex-coke-addict clod from Indiana bitch-slapped and rolled right over
your endless stream of Saviors and Genuises at CART!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Don't worry about it too much, though - It will all be over soon!
Mphsrick43
2003-12-04 01:17:43 UTC
not that it means anything anymore, but cart's stock closed at $.19 today.
personally i am unable to think of anything else that you can buy for 19 cents.
alien
2003-12-04 19:33:50 UTC
Post by CART Bankruptcy Watch
Come on now, Philip! Is that really the VERY best you can do?
Tug out your tired and frayed ....
You know you can do better than that!
Tell us how getting all of that ....
Give us some of that good old, classic ......
Pull out one of your tried and true ....
Or you might even drag out your erroneous fantasies about .....
But in reality it is easy to see you are....
Hell, your worst fear is that you have to face that....
Mac, Good to see you back in your glory. Even got that reply email address
updated. I was starting to worry about you. Your posts of late had a tired
feel to them. This bad news about CART has uplifted you again to your
previous obnoxiousness.

alien
CART Bankruptcy Watch
2003-12-04 00:35:38 UTC
Post by SterlingLA
You must be a slow reader, because most of us are still here posting.
But still strangely avoiding the obvious and complete demise of your
beloved series. All you still talk about is the Indy 500.

Hell, you don't even post in ras.cart, despite your preferences!
Post by SterlingLA
My question to you would be, "Where's all the IRL
posts?" Speculation about whose driving for whom in 2004? How's all that IRL
testing coming along?
Why do there need to be any IRL posts right now? Its the off-season.
All the IRL teams and crews are secure with their jobs and don't have
to worry about whether they will have a series to run in or not - none
of the worries the CART teams, CART drivers, and CART fans have at the
moment.

The IRL and the Indy 500 will be HERE in 2004, Sterling, without a
doubt, and so will toyota, Honda, ChevWorth, Dallara, G-Force, Penske,
Panther, Cheever, Kelley, Rahal, Nunn, D&R, Ganassi, Marlboro, Miller,
Pioneer, Delphi, AMD, 7-Eleven, Jim Beam, Klein Tool, Pennzoil, etc.,
etc., etc., etc.

A racing series with a SECURE and defined future - Wow, what a
concept!

One that I can understand a CHUMP such as yourself wouldn't
understand, but there it is, none the less.

Oh, and IRL testing has been going right along fine for the teams that
have been testing, and the open test for all will happen right on time
- no postponements, no TBA's, no TBD's, etc. - unlike
CART/OWRS/whatever.
Post by SterlingLA
As usual though, it'a all about CART isn't it?
Hey, its on-topic here, and it is newsworthy, and it is really such
high comedy and such an entertaining farce that it is impossible to
resist.

I mean where else can you watch so many people cheer as some nimrod
blows over $100 million dollars of what must be the stupidest
shareholders in the world's money all the while telling everyone
within ear-shot that everything is really going to be okay as they
plummet towards bankruptcy and oblivion?

Its HILARIOUS fun!
Post by SterlingLA
All the best,
But not for CART, eh?
Sterling
SterlingLA (Sterling Smith)
SterlingLA
2003-12-04 02:32:29 UTC
I have no info to enlighten you with about CART's future. I'm not one to spin.
I hope something can
come out of current events there.

Meanwhile the IRL very graphically gives you
a diminishing series and Indy 500. No speculation there, it's all in plain
sight.

Thanks for your continued interest and speculation on CART though.

-Sterling

SterlingLA (Sterling Smith)
CART Buster
2003-12-04 04:18:23 UTC
Post by SterlingLA
I have no info to enlighten you with about CART's future.
No doubt about that.
Post by SterlingLA
I'm not one to spin.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Now THAT'S funny!

Sterling, you spin faster than an F-1 V-10 during qualifying.
Post by SterlingLA
I hope something can come out of current events there.
Becoming awfully meek and whimpering all of a sudden, aren't you?

So often outspoken and brazen with your commentary, and now amazingly
timid and simpering - Wow, this whole CART bankruptcy thing really has
you in a state of shock and deep depression, doesn't it?

Poor, poor, pitiful Sterling. Pass him a hanky.
Post by SterlingLA
Meanwhile the IRL very graphically gives you
a diminishing series and Indy 500. No speculation there, it's all in plain
sight.
CART has just gone BUST and he calls the IRL a "diminishing series" -
PING - Irony meters the world over off-scale HIGH!
Post by SterlingLA
Thanks for your continued interest and speculation on CART though.
Its like a bad, bad Stallone flick - its so BAD you can't take your
eyes off it for the errant stupidity and the incredible comedy, and
the players are taking it seriously!

No, its even worse than that - It rates right up there with "Plan 9
from Outer Space" as far as being poorly directly, badly scripted,
horribly acted, terribly lighted, erroneously staged, and eventually
so tragic its funny!
C Story
2003-12-04 10:00:59 UTC
Post by SterlingLA
I'm not one to spin.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Now THAT'S funny!
Speaking of spin ...

20 new messages and a brand spankin'
new pseudonym.

Hmm-hm.

*plonk*
SterlingLA
2003-12-04 10:05:38 UTC
So let's see, are you so insecure about the IRL's inability to produce crowds
at the Indy 500 or
its series, that seeing CART's difficulties and or transitions (there's a
"spin" word for you)
are all you've got to write about. You have
shown me nothing that would suggest what I write is
a "spin."

Nothing "simpering" either. I continue to make my points about the IRL's lack
of success which you don't address at all. But that's right, you don't like to
talk about the IRL much because...uh... (you tell me).

If CART goes under, that's actually something alot of us thought might happen a
while back. What turned out to be the real surprise was how long CART has
hung on, and how the IRL not only failed to catch on (the all oval formula was
supposed to be what America was waiting for).

I'm surprised how tolerant all of you IRLers are of an Indy
500 sliding downward.

According to your thinking, CART was always doomed because of foreign drivers,
engine leases, tracks or venues that didn't produce "racing" as you like it,
and it was too far removed from the dirt and
short track scene in America.

Well, take a look at your all oval series. All you've solved is the venue
situation, and yet some of
your stalwarts are already predicting an IRL
presence at Long Beach.

Sure it would be disappointing if the whole concept of CART disappeared, but I
think it means alot more
to you than me. Not sure why, but then I ask myself, "What could the IRL mean
to you?"

Don't pass the hanky, or even worry. Can't wait for your spin on how the IRL
is growing - and maybe in twenty years
will have found a following comparable to the CART series
in 1996. Good luck. That's a spin that could make anyone dizzy.

Laughing at your conjecture as I get ready to attach it below.
<grin>

-Sterling<<

----

so tragic its funny!
SterlingLA
2003-12-04 02:35:15 UTC
<<
I mean where else can you watch so many people cheer as some nimrod
blows over $100 million dollars of what must be the stupidest
shareholders in the world's money all the while telling everyone
within ear-shot that everything is really going to be okay as they
plummet towards bankruptcy and oblivion?
Shhh...tjmc thinks the people that did this are crooks, and of course they now
include a number of participants in the IRL. Don't taint his vision!

Hey, I never said speculating about CART was off-topic. I just noted how
little speculation or
interest there is in things IRL - though that's
true both on season and off.

-Sterling

SterlingLA (Sterling Smith)
CART Buster
2003-12-04 04:26:08 UTC
Post by CART Bankruptcy Watch
<<
I mean where else can you watch so many people cheer as some nimrod
blows over $100 million dollars of what must be the stupidest
shareholders in the world's money all the while telling everyone
within ear-shot that everything is really going to be okay as they
plummet towards bankruptcy and oblivion?
Shhh...tjmc thinks the people that did this are crooks, and of course they now
include a number of participants in the IRL. Don't taint his vision!
Chris "I Never Ripped Off a Shareholder Without a Lie on My Lips and a
Smile on My Face" Pook is. obviously, a crook of the highest order.

And exactly when was he involved with the IRL?
Post by CART Bankruptcy Watch
Hey, I never said speculating about CART was off-topic. I just noted how
little speculation or interest there is in things IRL - though that's
true both on season and off.
Why does anyone need to speculate on the future of the IRL? Its plenty
secure for 2004 and beyond - unlike your beloved CART.

As for interest, this is not exactly the time of year to have that
much interest, what with all the IRL teams and crews at home with
their families for the Holidays - secure in the knowledge they have
jobs and a series to run in in 2004.

There will be plenty of interest in the 2004 IRL season once it
starts, and you will be right at the forefront of it - watching every
race and still cruising this newsgroup (unlike how you NEVER venture
on ras.cart, despite your preferences) and posting away.

And meanwhile, CART will simply fade away, nothing more than a distant
memory.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Can't you just here Paul Tracy next year:

Tracy: "But I won something! I really did! I won a friggin'
championship!"

Bystander: "What championship?"

Tracy: "The CART championship. Of course CART is bankrupt now and out
of business, but I really did win it - I swear! I beat guys like
Haberfeld, Bourdais, Lavin - oh, never mind."

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAA!
SterlingLA
2003-12-04 05:09:54 UTC
How little you know or grasp. There's always been more discussion about CART
here than the IRL.

I read RASC as much as RASI - but this place has much
more silliness to respond to. RASC has always been
more informative.

Chris Pook wasn't who I was referring to either. I't would be fascinating to
hear your inventive logic of how Chris Pook is a "crook." But there I go,
using the word "logic" to address your pent up frustration with the IRL's
inability to capture the marketplace.

There is a logic that has been expressed here that CART was run by a bunch of
crooks. That means the team owners. Thus,
some of your fave IRL team owners (who sold their CART stock at great profit)
are apparently...uh...crooks?

I don't count CART as fading away yet, but I've watched
Indy fade away since the IRL was formed. I have yet to
see the IRL eclipse the CART years there or in a series
for attendance or TV ratings.

As you might say, BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!

-Sterling

<<

memory. >>
Billy Chapel
2003-12-10 02:08:46 UTC
Post by SterlingLA
How little you know or grasp. There's always been more discussion about CART
here than the IRL.
Its on-topic, and entertaining as hell - waht with CART going bankrupt
and all.

Remember when dullards like you were saying that CART was going to
crush the IRL and be growing like weed right along with Speedvision?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Remember when your brethren were saying CART had *BILLIONS AND
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS* of TV viewers worldwide and had incredible new
TV contracts coming?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Remember when they said the Indy 500 was just "another race" and that
CART didn't need it to survive?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

How about when clods like you claimed CART would never die?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAA!
Post by SterlingLA
I read RASC as much as RASI - but this place has much
more silliness to respond to. RASC has always been
more informative.
RASC is a lemming paradise - along the lines of AR1 - where everybody
sits around devising ludicrous theories how CART is going to survive
and crying like infants over how a coke-addled inheritoe with no-name
drivers and crapwagon cars somehow destroyed their precious CART.

If you find that informative then you are even denser than I ever
thought.
Post by SterlingLA
Chris Pook wasn't who I was referring to either. I't would be fascinating to
hear your inventive logic of how Chris Pook is a "crook." But there I go,
using the word "logic" to address your pent up frustration with the IRL's
inability to capture the marketplace.
He stole. He lied. He cheated. He bilked. He defrauded. hence, he is a
crook.
Post by SterlingLA
There is a logic that has been expressed here that CART was run by a bunch of
crooks. That means the team owners. Thus,
some of your fave IRL team owners (who sold their CART stock at great profit)
are apparently...uh...crooks?
But they are not in the psition to do the same damage to the IRL they
did to CART, now are they?
Post by SterlingLA
I don't count CART as fading away yet, but I've watched
Indy fade away since the IRL was formed. I have yet to
see the IRL eclipse the CART years there or in a series
for attendance or TV ratings.
Indy crushes anything CART ever had for attendance, and it does with
TV ratings, too.

Care to spin out another falsehood?
Post by SterlingLA
As you might say, BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!
Yep, and I would be laughing at you, Sterling. Not with you. At you.
Post by SterlingLA
-Sterling
<<
memory. >>
SterlingLA
2003-12-11 08:00:44 UTC
<< Indy crushes anything CART ever had for attendance,
and it does with TV ratings, too. >>

Always nice to meet a fan who only cares about one race.
Care to explain why Indy's ratings are down from all
those CART years?

Spin away....

-Sterling
SterlingLA (Sterling Smith)
Billy Chapel
2003-12-13 21:15:57 UTC
Post by SterlingLA
<< Indy crushes anything CART ever had for attendance,
and it does with TV ratings, too. >>
Always nice to meet a fan who only cares about one race.
Care to explain why Indy's ratings are down from all
those CART years?
Be happy to as soon as you tell me why CART went bust with such a
brilliant bunch of guys at the helm this past year.

CART Buster
2003-12-04 02:39:53 UTC
Did you read the whole statement? It looks like OWRS will let it go bankrupt
and then buy what they need and continue racing. It will cost them less, and
they could use the extra money they were going to spend on keeping teams.
Once a CHUMPS lemming, always a CHUMPS lemming, I always say - right
up until the very end.

You just keep right on believing that, Maelman, if it helps you get
through these dark days for CART ahead.

But while you are mulling it over, consider these little tidbits:

What sponsor would want to gamble on a series that went belly-up and
bankrupt, regardless of who bought it?

What track is going to pony up a sanctioning fee to a series that may
not have any teams running in it?

What supplier is going to bet on producing a bunch of stuff for a
series that has such an unsure and rocky outlook?

Who is going to put up the purses?

And most of all, you are forgetting that OWRS stated quite flatly that
they were not going to be able to provide ANY financial assistance to
any teams, and has repeated that statement numerous times.

So, where is the money going to come from for a team?

The lack of sponsorship out there already buried American Spirit and
put them in debt up near a MILLION bucks, and they won a race!

You really think Fittipaldi-Dingman, Coyne, etc. are going to have any
better luck?

But you go ahead and act like the idiot who keeps re-arranging the
deck chairs on the Titanic - right up until the cold, dark water
swirls right around your pointy little head.

And think about this:

Smokey
2003-12-04 13:34:24 UTC
Post by SterlingLA
You must be a slow reader, because most of us are still here posting.
My question to you would be, "Where's all the IRL
posts?" Speculation about whose driving for whom in 2004? How's all that IRL
testing coming along?
As usual though, it'a all about CART isn't it?
All the best,
Sterling
<< Where are Juan? And Philip? And Sterling? And Sweeney? And Lorenzini?
And Hiett? And Ashford? And Robinson? And Little Rikky? Etc.?
SterlingLA (Sterling Smith)
Keeping the faith is Sterling, carrying the flag.
Great job.
jtees4
2003-12-04 21:46:44 UTC
On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:09:06 GMT, CART Bankruptcy Watch
Off season. Happens every year around this time.
Billy Chapel